Friday 26 July 2013

Calling all seafood lovers - try Bonnie Gull!

For those familiar with my blog you might have noticed I do have a penchant for seafood. However, for a seafood lover I had never tried a raw oyster. Yes yes, I know that is absurd. Don't get me wrong, I love oysters cooked, preferably deep fried and stir fried with salt, pepper and chillis or the japanese version with lashings of lemon juice. Anyway, I'm happy to say I tried my first raw oyster at Bonnie Gull and I did not regret it. I thought the texture was pretty similar to how they are cooked. The coldness takes some getting used to but the lemon and Tabasco sauce was a lovely mix.

Is it true they are alive if super duper fresh? Someone enlighten me.
Don't be put off if you're not a fan or raw oysters, Bonnie Gull has plenty of choice. I love the fact that everything is super fresh (which is a must for seafood!) and they have a cute map which tells you where the daily catch is from so the menu changes daily.


Quaint sea side feel


Clockwise from top left: Oyster, Turbot with clams and courgettes, strawberry ricotta dessert and the AMAZING Isle of Man Queenies.
Another great love of mine.. chips! These beef dripping chips are particularly good. Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
The above says it all.
Do go try if you love seafood as much as I do! Word of warning though, make sure you book as the restaurant is pretty tiny. I guess the saying 'all good things come in small packages' ring true here.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment