Sunday 10 March 2013

My Little Speedy is off to Louis Vuitton Hospital

I blame my mum for my obsession with Louis Vuitton. Ever since I can remember that familiar monogram canvas has been part of my life. From my mum toting my kiddy bits in the medium sized speedy to me buying them for her birthday present (ok and treating myself occasionally) when funds allow I have seen the collection grow and prices rise over the years! Despite the astronomical price tags attached I still think they are worth every penny. If you have a broken zip or loose button you can just take it back to the LV store and they will send it back to France to be repaired (at a cost - £60 for a new zip on my Trocadero). That is where my mums ancient Speedy (well now mine!) has gone to thanks to a broken zip. The nice lady did explain that since the bag was purchased in 1985 (amazing that she could tell just by looking inside) that the canvas might be too weak for it to be repaired but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I hope my bag can be fixed and has a 'Speedy' recovery. Sorry I couldn't resist the pun!





No comments:

Post a Comment