Friday 3 August 2012

NOPI - North of Picadilly...geddit?

As a beauty PR, one of the perks of the job taking a journalist for breakfasts ast establishment bit nicer than the ones I usually frequent. Not that there is anything wrong with McMuffin every now and then. In fact, most mornings I am staring longingly at those in the queue waiting for their McBreakfast at Bond Street tube station.

My latest find is NOPI on Warwick Street. Unlike most breakfast places popular with PRs and journos this place was nice and quiet.

My first stop was the loo and they were pretty cool! They reminded me of the loos at Crazy Bear but a lot brighter. I can imagine a few trapped souls after a drink or two. Luckily after taking a few pics I managed to figure my way out and find myself back to the table ready for breakfast.

The food choice for breakfast is not huge but they do the good old staples such as toast, pastries and porridge. For the more adventurous, try the Black Rice with Coconut Milk, Banana and Mango. I have to say, when it arrived for my journo friend I did get food envy but luckily my toasted Sourdough did not disappoint. It was thick enough have that crispy crunch on the outside, yet stayed soft and fluffy on the inside. Topped with my favourite strawberry jam and butter my pangs of hunger were soon silenced with satisfaction. Oh and the mint tea looked rather impressive too. I think that would have been half of my back garden in that cup.

Well worth a visit!

Prepare to be puzzled...
A very glitzy and fun toilet!
Nice and quiet
I wonder if the man was looking at the bread like I was. On second thoughts he was probably wondering why I was taking pictures of bread..
The pastries did look mighty tempting
Black rice with coconut milk, mango and banana. I think I will be trying this next time.
Yummy yummy toast...bread is my weakness:s
Mint Tea



No comments:

Post a Comment