Saturday 2 February 2013

The Delights of Italy

As a self confessed carb-a-holic Italy is definitely one of my favourite places in the world. Nothing beats the great architecture, beautiful landscape and tasty food. Back in September 2012 I was lucky enough to attend a stunning wedding in the Amalfi Coast. Despite the weather not being fantastic (it rained so hard when I was changing buses from Naples that the clothes in my suitcase were soaked through!) there is no denying the Amalfi Coast is a beautiful part of the world.

My first glimpse of the Amalfi Coast

Surely one of the coolest tunnels in the world?
Said tunnel close up




Hurray! The sun finally makes an appearance.

Double rainbow spotted on the way back from Capri! Such a shame everyone else was too seasick to appreciate it.
Capri market square, a good place to rest if you have spent all your money in the designer shops
Do visit Capri if you have a day free, the Beverly Hills of Italy!

As with the rest of Italy, the food (when avoiding tourist traps) no matter how plain or simple was delicious! Don't believe me? Just take a look at the pictures.

There is a cute little alleyway that has a fab cake place! See, it's not all bad when it rains. At least I discovered  Dolceria dell'Antico Portico





Decisions Decisions..





Canapes at the wedding










Watermelon gets a make over


Luckily for me, I even had time en route back to the UK to stop off in Rome, truly one of the most romantic cities in the world. Even thought it was only a couple of hours I managed to squeeze in a slice of pizza, pasta and gelato! All in the name of research of course.

Spanish Steps










One of the tourist traps I mentioned. Looks tasty but tasted bit odd..


My Rome stop off was topped off by a much needed Gelato
I have no idea where this sandwich starts or ends..


Ciao for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment