Tuesday 10 July 2012

Dinner at East Street

Breaking my own Weightwatchers rule, I had dinner out for once and dined with some friends at East Street. Upon entering I was transported to my beloved Hong Kong thanks to the colourful signs inside.The menu was vast but after much deliberating I settled back for something other than protein and vegetables for dinner, which alone was enough to make me giddy with excitement.


The Vietnamese coffee was delicious and sweet. I have never tried it before and was very entertained by the dripping effect of the coffee much to the amusement of my friends.

Leave to drip...
...give it a stir
....and voila!
The starter was a sharing platter and it was delicious. No complaints there at all.

The prawns were my favourite!
Unfortunately the noodles for my main were undercooked so a little hard to chew through but our lovely waitress was very apologetic and changed it for me straight away.

Chewy rice noodles but the beef was nice and tender
Lovely soft udon
For dessert I wasn't feeling too adventurous so settled for my favourite green tea ice cream (actually all ice cream is good for me!) and I wasn't disappointed. I finished off all three scoops before it even had a chance to melt.


All in all a pleasant enough experience and I'd definitely go back.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete