Friday 13 July 2012

Sumo sized portions at Misato

The first thing that strikes you about Misato is the huge queue outside. No matter what time of day there will probably be a stream of people waiting to get in and the reason is quite simple; it is good value for money, with portion sizes to match the hungry crowd waiting outside.


I would like to point out that this shared between three of us!
Back when I was a student, Japanese food could be quite expensive and Misato was a wonderful find. Tasty  Japanese favourites for a fraction of the price. Fair enough, the fish was never the freshest but it was good enough to satisfy my sushi cravings (if you want fresh, you go to Sakura but that's another review). Besides I suspect like me, anyone who visits Misato would most likely be going for the generous portions of rice, meat and yummy curry sauce.

My favourite bento box which I shamelessly managed to polish most of it off  by myself! Order a curry sauce on the side for an extra 40p.
It is in short, a Japanese equivalent of a greasy spoon cafe, cheap, tasty and fills you up. In the nicest way of course, otherwise my friends and I wouldn't still be going there after years of discovering other nice places for our sushi fix.

Beef udon. I was assured it was very tasty. The noodles seemed never ending.
The only drawback apart from the long queue - best go in a party of two, any more than that and you're in for a wait which leaves you staring at the food being served like someone just released from prison - is that service is almost a bit too quick, you're in and out in no time, so don't expect a nice leisurely chat. Still though, more time for treating yourself to a nice dessert in one of the many places popping up in Chinatown! Also, be warned, Misato is a cash only place.

Anyway, don't just take my word for it. See what other's say here.

Until next time blush babes and boys!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment