Tuesday 10 July 2012

Nailed it!

I am a self confessed beauty hoarder with an unhealthy obsession for nail products in particular. As a result, I have had the Nails Inc Haymarket nail varnish for about 2 years (I distinctly remember buying it at the Clothes Show - I was like a kid in a sweet shop!) and have only just used it for the first time. I don't know what took me so long as it's a lovely flattering shade that really brings out my tan. Alternated with the pretty purple Rimmel varnish in 312 Ultra Violet it is simple yet striking. 



Inspired by the current trend of nail art popping up in all the magazines I decided to give it a go myself and jazz up my Haymarket loner nail. So, off I went to hunt for the Andrea Fulerton Nail Art pen I saw used at an event recently (the lovely girls at Warehouse gave all guests to their press day manicures courtesy of Andrea Fulerton). I managed to find one in Superdrug and was pleasantly surprised by the £2.99 price tag. I would have given my right arm back in my school days to have one of these but back then I made do using a pin head and nail varnish for my daisy print nails.

The nail art pen takes some getting used to but after two tries I was able to get perfect polka dots with the 'dot' end of the pen and a pink tip with the 'flick' end. I'm yet to repeat this success for my right hand, but hopefully with practice I'll get there!




For fellow 80's / 90's children, I have realised my colour choices resemble that of the Dino Babies. Oh well, I thought they were pretty cute..

No comments:

Post a Comment