Friday 13 July 2012

Fish in a Tie - a hidden gem.

Now I have been debating if I should post about one of my favourite restaurants as it is already hard enough to get a table in there. However, I figured if you are kind enough to read my blog then you certainly deserve to know about one of Clapham's foodie delights.

Geddit? Fish in a Tie. I guess Fish in a Tie in Rollerskates would be going a step too far.
Everyone raves on about how nice Clapham Common is or how there are so many cool bars but one of my favourite things about living in Clapham is being within walking distance to Fish in a Tie. Hidden away from the popular areas such as Clapham High Street, Northcote Road, Battersea Rise and my very local St John's Hill lies a fantastic Mediterranean restaurant that is not only quirky and cool, with excellent food but damn good value for money. You can get a 2 course meal for £10 from a set menu Monday - Sunday, or choose from the a la carte or specials menu. The menu is big enough to make you feel like you are spoilt for choice. Having eaten there a fair few times I can honestly say I am yet to be disappointed with anything.



The restaurant can get very noisy when packed but I guess that's what happens when a room has good acoustics! The decor is romantic and charming, with candles on each table and pretty mismatched mirrors  and chandeliers adorning the walls and ceiling.






Don't be deceived by the neatly sized portions, the food is fresh and rich in taste so you feel nice and full afterwards. Do try and save space for dessert though, the profiteroles with a scoop of ice cream on the side (an extra £1.50) is too delicious to miss out on.

Calamari
One of my favourite places for mussels, £5.95 for a starter or £7.95 for a main.
So fat and juicey! The white white, cream and garlic sauce was so tasty I drank it like a soup.
Cod and Chips
Fillet of Lamb with sage and lemon sauce - deliciously tender, cooked to perfection!
A picture says a thousand words....
I have realised since starting this blog I have started to eat out a lot more, very naughty of me. Next week it'll be all Weightwatcher friendly meals...

Until next time blush babes and boys!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment